while it's true that we're still gathering our wits together, we figured that we're bored enough to get this show on the road anyway. we highly suggest that you read this entire entry, or else risk your nominations becoming void. :) we promise to keep it short and sweet.
[the way it works]
we run this thing once every three months. the first month is nominations. the second month is reading and deliberation. the third month, awards are given out. that means it happens four times a year. the first one is in january, the second one is in april, the third one is in july, and the fourth one is in october. the october one is special because we add in two special awards for best fic overall and best author overall. we're just getting started in 2005, so forgive us for missing the january run-through. the very first competition will begin in april of 2005. tell all your friends, kids. it's gonna be a blast.
1. ONLY nominate stories by commenting on entries that request nominations. all nominations sent in through e-mail, suggested over IMs, or posted on other entries will not be accepted.
2. when you nominate a story, you MUST tell us what category you're nominating it under. you may only nominate a story under a single category. sorry, you have to choose.
3. you may nominate your own stories or someone else's. but, they all have to be mwpp-era. don't bother if it's not mwpp-era, cuz that isn't what this awards site is for.
4. fill out the form completely. the form can be found in each entry that contains a nomination. make the submission decent. it really helps us out when we know what we're doing.
5. you MUST provide a valid e-mail address on the form. we might e-mail you about the nomination, and if you don't e-mail back, chances are the nomination might become void.
6. don't annoy us about the nominations. we're cool. you kids are cool. it's all good. <3
7. to prove that you read the rules, put the password "lily loves james" next to the question that says "what is true love?".
1. romance (l/j): lily and james romance. doesn't have to follow canon. make sure it isn't stupid, though.
2. romance (mwpp slash): any of the marauders can be involved in a male/male pairing. graphic is a-okay with us. OC is also okay.
3. romance (other): any romance from the mwpp-era that doesn't fit the above romance categories. OC is accepted.
4. lol comedy: funny stuff goes here. romance is okay, but the fic should be mainly amusing. parodies accepted.
5. dark angst: tear-jerkers, depression, deep and dark. we love it all.
6. life changing drama: the stuff that makes your head spin. make sure it's really amazing.
7. most improved: ever read a fic that started out crappy and then got successively better? nominate it here.
8. best NEW fic: new. as in, the first chapter of the fic MUST have been posted within a month of the contest's start.
once a year, we award two very special awards. they are:
1. best all around fic: best. fic. EVER. makes you orgasm. etc. etc.
2. best all around author: best. author. EVER. must have at least 2 stories that you love. get that? not just one.
if the stories suck, we're not letting them stand. we'll preview them when you nominate them. if they look decent, they stay. if we kick them off for some reason we'll let you know. hmmm. what else? when an author/story gets nominated, we e-mail them, or at least try our best to let them know somehow that they've been nominated. oh. anddd, just the judges judge. maybe sometime we'll make this a voting thing, but not now. too much of a hassle. buttons and banners are coming soon!!